|2012, Jun 02
|2012 WFNS Spine Committee Cadaver Course
WFNS SPINE COMMITEE CADAVER COURSE – 2012
ORGANIZED BY DR P S RAMANI IN MUMBAI ON 12TH AND 13TH MAY
Dr P S Ramani, President of Neuro Spinal Surgeons Association and Chairman of World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies’ Spine Committee organized his annual international cadaver workshop in Mumbai with national and international faculty on 12th and 13th May 2012 on the topic of Lumbar Spine and C1-C2.
Doctors attending the lecture in the auditorium
Following doctors were on the faculty,
• Dr Jung-Keun Suh, S Korea
• Dr Se-Hoon Kim, S Korea
• Dr Abdul Hafid Bajamal, Surabaya, Indonesia
• Dr P D Kulkarni, UK
• Dr Bambang Darwono, Jakarta, Indonesia
• Dr David Sun, Hong Kong
• Dr Mehmet Zileli, Izmir, Turkey
• Dr Eko Agus Subagio, Surabaya, Indonesia
• Dr P S Ramani, Dr JKBC Parthiban, Dr Alok Sharma, Dr Sushil Patkar,
Dr N Muthukumar, and Dr Batuk Diyora were on the faculty from India
• Dr Prakash Modha was the Chairman of the Instructors.
Dr David Sun demonstrating minimally invasive PLIF
Dr Mehmet Zileli demonstrating how to identify tight filum terminale
140 delegates from India, Bangladesh, Iran, Korea and Indonesia attended the course.
Facilities provided in the workshop were
• Operating tables
• Overhead lights
• Carl Zeiss microscopes
• High speed drills
• Overhead cameras
• Plasma TV monitors
• Required instrumentation
• Absolutely fresh cadavers so that the delegate got the feeling as if they were doing live surgery.
• 8 stations with nurses, ward boys and instrument trolleys at each station.
To start with, a faculty member delivered a lecture for 20 minutes and discussed the technique he would demonstrate. Then, he performed the surgical procedure on the cadaver. The delegates assigned to respective stations then performed the same procedures themselves on the cadavers. A team of instructors were in attendance at each table to guide the delegates and all faculty members remained present in the hall for 2 days to be at assistance to the delegates.
Delegates relaxing and enjoying the dance at the banquet
The social banquet was held in the evening of 12th May where reputed dancer Ms Ranjana Phadke along with her troop entertained the delegates.
Certificate of attendance was given to all the delegates, instructors and the faculty members.
2006 © Dr P S Ramani